For the first time the Annual General Meeting and Conference is held in the Queenstown / Wanaka region with the AGM held at Peaks conference centre and accommodation on the 8th, 9th and 10th May 2015.
Committee in 2015: Sharron Hickman (Chairer), Helen Tait (Secretary & Membership Secretary), Damian Nowak (Financial Officer), Vera Huehn (Webadministrator), Guy King, Clark Pollitt, Mark Orbell as ordinary committee members.
Highlights from the conference mentioned were
• Queenstown and route to Wanaka famil including Birdlife Park, Ziptrek, walking tour of Arrowtown, visit to Lakes District Museum, guided walking tour of Arrowtown, Wild Earth for wine and food tastings, Wooing Tree and Swallows Crossing for wine tasting.
• Wanaka famil including Puzzling World, Cinema Paradiso, Ridgeline 4 Wheel Drive Tour, Wanaka River Journeys Matukituki Jet Boat Tour, U-Fly Wanaka, classic Flights Wanaka, Skydive Wanaka, Warbirds Museum, Transport and Toy Museum and Have A Shot.
• The speakers: David Kennedy (Manager Ngai Tahu Tourism and former CEO Destination Queenstown), Cher Knight (DoC Business Development Manager), Bruce Jefferies (Otago Conservation Board) and Mandy Enoka (Marketing Manager, Peak function centre and accommodation and Wanaka promoter).
Achievement / Goals
• Ongoing communication with DOC's compliance team and Cher Knights looking at concession holders in the tourism industry. Cher Knights speaks about DOC and ProGuides' concerns at our AGM and conference in Wanaka.
• Two years of running the association under the revised Constitution and the introduced Operations Manual has shown an easy flow of processes and a more transparent way of constitutional understanding and procedures. A great success. The Operations Manual is reviewed on an annual basis and will be of great help to committee and members alike.
Members continue to meet at on the first Wednesday of each month at Swashbucklers Bar in Auckland and Cassels bar and brewery in Christchurch.