2021 CONFERENCE AND AGM - Tūranga- Christchurch City Library
The conference and annual general meeting this year were held on 22 May at the new Christchurch City Library - Tūranga. The meeting room was well appointed and located in Cathedral Square, central for everywhere in the reemerging Garden City.
The Committee in 2021: Wilhelm Lehmberg (Chair), Brian Farrant (Financial Officer), Angela D'Aquaro-Law (Membership Secretary), Victoria Messer (Association Secretary). Ordinary Committee Members – Kristen Kinney, Martin Sliva, Jennifer Sloots (Victoria Messer as Web Administrator).
Thursday 20 / Friday 21 May - Pre-conference famil trip was this year to the West Coast which involved travelling across Arthur's Pass to Hokitika and beyond. Once on the Coast Brianl Farrant's NZ Cycle Tours business provided bikes and manpower to take the group along the newly developed West Coast Wilderness Bike Trail. After an overnight stay, the members made their way back to base after a good look around in support of the Hokitika township businesses.
Friday 21 May 2021 – Saw us gathering for a drink and dinner at Casa Publica, Cnr New Regent and Armagh Streets. This is a new build in the one street in Christchurch which survived the 2010/2011 earthquakes better than any other.
Saturday 22 May – Conference ran without any hitches, our guest speaker being Chris Roberts of the Tourism Industry Aotearoa (TIA) talking about post Covid tourism in New Zealand.
Saturday night's social dinner was at the quaint and historic Curator’s House, Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave.
Sunday 23 May - Famil around Christchurch - with transport provided courtesy of Moa Trek Travel.
- Salt Water hot pools, New Brighton (including morning coffee stop) which was a stunning new addition to the waterfront at New Brighton
- The Tannery shopping and entertainment centre which was credit card alley extraordinaire along with awesome eateries and foodie outlets
- Lyttelton Harbour Short Cruise & introduction to port developments - a brief introduction to the Black Cat's options and a beautiful trip around the harbour.
- Christchurch Adventure Park: gondola ride - a busy place due to competition day activities but it was great to get a trip up the gondola in the time we had there.
- City Centre walk about and update by Helen Tait for those in the second wine bar sitting! Thanks Helen for your insight to your city.
- Arts Centre update and wine tasting option - a highlight in the old historic building with fantastic wines, food and hosts!